Sponsored EMDR Trainings
Mark Nickerson's Training & Presentations
Hosted Advanced Psychotherapy Training
Sponsored trainings are offered by diverse EMDR consultants.
|EMDR Therapy Basic Training, Weekend 2 - Fri/Sat/Sun (VIRTUAL - Sep/Dec)||Dec 1,2023 8:30 am||-||Dec 3,2023 5:00 pm|
- Groups from 2 to 6 clinicians at reduced per person rates
- Consultation provided in person, by phone or Zoom
EMDR consultation provided meets criteria for completion of EMDR basic training and EMDR certification.
To discuss or arrange for consultation, click.
Consultation provided on specific topics including:
- Trauma-informed intervention
- Problematic anger and related behaviors
- Problem behaviors
- Family conflict- divorce
- Combat veterans
- Men’s issues
- Public practice
- Social-identity and culturally based trauma
- Cultural competence
Comprehensive EMDR-focused consultation includes:
- Strategic target selection
- Strategic use of specific protocols
- Effective interweaves
- Recent events processing
- Contained processing
- Behavioral rescripting
Past Topic-Focused EMDR Consultation groups offered include:
- EMDR and Treatment for Anger and Related Behaviors
- EMDR and Problem Behaviors
- EMDR and Men’s Issues
- EMDR and Dismantling Social-Identity Based Internalized Oppression and Prejudice
- EMDR and the Body
Training & Presentations
CE Hour Approved Trainings for EMDR :
- EMDR & Treatment for Problematic Anger, Hostility & Related Behaviors (6 and 14 CE Hours)
- EMDR and the Treatment of Problem Behaviors (3 CE Hours)
- Undoing Stigma: EMDR Applications in the Dismantling of Socially Based Internalized Oppression and Prejudice (1.5, 3 CE Hours, and 7 CE Hour format)
- Exploring the Effective Use of Client Postures & Gestures within the EMDR Protocol (1.5 CE Hours)
- EMDR and Recent Trauma Processing (1.5 and 3 CE Hours)
- Implementing the Feeling-State Addiction Protocol for Behavioral and Substance Addictions (1.5 CE Hours)
- Clinical Treatment of Problematic Anger, Hostility and Related Behavior
- Clinical Treatment of Problematic Behaviors
- Responding to the Needs of Returning Soldiers and Their Families
- Domestic Violence and Veterans
- Current Issues in Therapy with Men
- Clinical Issues With Men Who Batter
- Parent Education for Never-Married Parents
- Co-Parenting for Separated Parents
Other presentations and trainings Clinicians:
To discuss or arrange for a presentation or training, please click here.
I have conducted a general psychotherapy practice with 30+ years of experience working with individual adults and adolescents, couples and families.
Insurance: I accept many major insurers but rely on you to confirm that with me and to arrange for initial authorization.
Destination 441 West Street (Rte 116) in South Amherst
441 West Street is a large brick building (old farmhouse). In front of the building is a large sign indicating “Amherst Office Building”. If possible, park to the right of the building. Entry for my office is through the door with “Tower Entry” marked over the door. Once in the building, my waiting area door is on the left.
Bus- A PVTA bus stop is close to the office.
I can be reached at (413) 256.0550.
- Chair of the Clinical Practice Group of the Council of Scholars, Future of EMDR Project
- 2014 President of Board of Directors of EMDR International Association
- Former Regional Coordinator of Western MA EMDRIA
- Former Board Chair of Men’s Resource Center of Western MA
- Former Director of Parent Education: Hampshire County Bar Association
- Curriculum Vitae
2014 President of Board of Directors: EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
The EMDR International Association (EMDRIA) is a professional association where EMDR practitioners and EMDR researchers seek the highest standards for the clinical use of EMDR. EMDR is an accepted psychotherapy by leading mental health organizations throughout the world for the treatment of a variety of symptoms and conditions. This website provides information to the greater EMDR community including clinicians, researchers, and the public that our members serve.
Co-Regional Coordinator: Western MA EMDRIA
Western MA EMDRIA is a vital and active community of EMDR therapists who strive to provide relevant EMDR related educational opportunities in our geographical area and beyond. Since October 2000, we have produced two educational events per year, compiled a directory of local EMDR clinicians and their specialties, and operated a list serve for the dissemination of EMDR-related training activities. We are also proud of our local volunteer Trauma Response Network.
Board of Directors: Men’s Resource Center of Western MA
The Men’s Resource Center was founded in 1984 by a group of men including Mark Nickerson. Services provided over the years include trainings, seminars, support groups, advocacy, public commentary and articles.
Director of Parent Education: Hampshire County Bar Association
The Parent Education Programs of Hampshire County piloted the mandatory divorce education programs, Parents and Children in Transition (PACT), now active throughout Massachusetts as well as the innovative parent education groups for never-married parents, For the Children(FTC). The FTC program received the National Association of Family and Conciliation Courts’ “Innovative Program of the Year” award in 2007.
For more information about the For the Children Program for Never-Married Parents, click here to view or download the program description and curriculum manual click here