Clinical Consultation & Training
Clinical consultation for individuals, groups and agencies.
Trainings and presentations.
EMDR Therapy Training
Learn more and register for upcoming trainings.
Advanced EMDR and Psychotherapy Trainings
ORDER YOUR COPY OF CULTURAL COMPETENCE TODAY!
“This book may be one of the most important contributions to EMDR therapy literature so far in this century. Nickerson has astutely gathered together a collection of compelling articles that highlight the struggles of individuals and groups who have tragically and traumatically been affected by discrimination and discusses how EMDR therapy may be utilized to help them heal.“
– Barbara J. Hensley, EdD, LPCC, Author of EMDR Therapy: From Practicum to Practice (2nd Ed.), EMDR International Association, Past President, EMDR Research Foundation, Board Member, Francine Shapiro Library, Creator and Curator
“After reading Nickerson’s compelling and boldly comprehensive text, I have found myself sitting with clients in an entirely new way and so will you. With the multiple lenses offered in this book, you will start to think differently about the ways in which diverse cultural factors – social class, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, immigrant status, gender, discrimination, prejudice, and various disabilities interact to shape beliefs about oneself and one’s experiences in the world.“
– Deborah L. Korn, PsyD, Senior EMDR Institute Facilitator and Specialty Instructor, Training Faculty, Trauma Center at JRI
ORDER YOUR COPY OF THE WOUNDS WITHIN TODAY!
“A powerful family drama and a reminder of the price veterans pay long after the fighting ends.“
– Oliver Stone, Director, Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July
“Nickerson’s resilient quest to learn more about PTSD is inspirational, heartfelt and genuine. No blame games, just a positive focus on solutions.The Wounds Within is and will remain timeless.“
– Brig. Gen. (ret.) Colleen McGuire, director, US Army Suicide Prevention Task Force, 2008–12
“Kevin and Joyce Lucey are true American heroes. … Their courage is an inspiration to us all.“
– Paul Rieckhoff, Executive Director and Founder, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)
“An eloquent and haunting account of veterans who return home fighting the war within.“
– Francine Shapiro, PhD, originator of EMDR therapy and author of Getting Past Your Past
For info on Wounds Within Continuing Education Hours or to discuss offering the book in an academic course, click here.
Trauma-informed EMDR psychotherapy offers a structured and compassionate method to relieve the impact of the past traumatic experiences that often underlie an individual’s current difficulties. Reprocessing traumatic memories creates resiliency and can transform suffering to thriving. Advanced topic-focused training empowers the EMDR clinician to employ specialized intervention strategies for maximum treatment outcomes. Use this website to review my work, register for training workshops and browse workshops and conferences held worldwide.